Novibet Responsible Gambling Policy
Novibet is committed to endorsing responsible wagering as well as promoting the awareness of problem gambling and improving prevention, intervention and treatment. Novibet's Responsible Gambling Policy sets out its commitment to minimising the negative effects of problem gambling and to promoting responsible gambling practices.
We believe it is our responsibility to you, our customers, to ensure that you enjoy your wagering experience on our site, while remaining fully aware of the social and financial harms associated with problem gambling.
In order to assist our players in gambling responsibly, we ensure that all our staff receive responsible gambling awareness. Please contact our Helpdesk if you require further information or assistance.
Limits and self-exclusion set by player.
You can set a daily, weekly and/or monthly deposit limit on your account either via your account settings or by contacting the Customer Support team.
In order to do so, you simply have to enter a limit of your choice at the equivalent field, your password and then press “Save”. For no deposit limit, the equivalent field should be blank.
For the purposes of deposit limit, a day is defined as the twenty-four-hour periods, reckoned from one midnight to the next (for instance Monday, from 00:00 (GMT+0) to 23:59 (GMT+0)). Week extends from Monday 00:00 (GMT+0) to Sunday 23:59 (GMT+0), and month extends from the first day of the calendar month until the last day of the same month (for instance March, from 1st March 00:00 (GMT+0) to 31st March 23:59 (GMT+0)).
You are able to reduce deposit limits at any time through your account settings or by contacting the Customer Support team. Reductions in deposit limits are undertaken immediately (via your account settings) and within 24 hours (by contacting customer support).
You may request to increase or terminate your deposit limit. You must reconfirm the acceptance of the increase through your account settings 7 days after your request. The increase will be actioned upon confirmation.
- a weekly loss limit in Sportsbook (for the purposes of loss limit, week extends from Monday 00:00 to Sunday 23:59 GMT+0). Clients may request to reduce their loss limit at any time. Clients may request to increase their loss limits or to terminate their loss limit, 7 days after their last loss limit request.
- a weekly stake limit in Sportsbook (for the purposes of stake limit, week extends from Monday 00:00 to Sunday 23:59 GMT+0). Clients may request to reduce their stake limit at any time. Clients may request to increase their stake limits or to terminate their stake limit, 7 days after their last stake limit request.
- an exclusion from Casino products (Casino, Live Casino) for a predefined period of time (24 hours, 7 days or 3 months).
If you wish to take a total break from all gaming activity, a ‘Time-Out’ period can be requested either from your personal settings section of your account or by contacting the Customer Support team via:
You can request a Time-Out for a period of 24 hours, 48 hours, 7 days or 30 days.
During this period your online account that you hold with us will not be available. It will not be possible to reactivate your account until the end of your chosen time span. The Time-Out will be automatically removed at the end of the selected period.
While the Time-Out is in place, we will do our best in order not to send you any marketing material although this may not prevent you from receiving any material which has already been dispatched.
Self-exclusion is a formal process whereby you request us to prevent you from being able to access your account for 6 months, 1 year, 2 years, 5 years or lifetime. You can self-exclude either from your personal settings section of your account or by contacting the Customer Support team via:
The self-exclusion period can be extended anytime for a minimum period of at least 6 months.
Under such an agreement, your account will be deactivated immediately and your online account that you hold with us will not be available. Once you self-exclude, we cannot reverse this process for any reason and you may not apply to open new account.
During this period, we will do our best in order not to send you any marketing material.
Please note however, that while your details will be removed from our mailing database this may not prevent you from receiving marketing material which is already in the process of being dispatched. We would ask you to please disregard any such material received accordingly.
Once the self-exclusion period has expired, your account will remain closed unless you contact us by telephone to reactivate (no other method of contact is permitted for this purpose). Once a reactivation request has been received, we provide you with a further 24 hours ‘cooling off’ period.
Our self-exclusion facility involves a joint commitment between Novigroup Ltd and you. We will take reasonable steps to prevent you re-opening your account or opening a new account but you must not attempt to re-open your account or to try and open new accounts. We shall not be liable if you circumvent our self-exclusion procedures and continue to use our services.
Please note that you should also self-exclude from all other operators you may have open online accounts.
You are able to set a frequency at which you will receive and see on the screen a playtime reminder within gambling session.
You are offered the option to set a playtime reminder on your account at a frequency of your choice at 30, 45, 60 or 120 minutes. Upon reaching, for example, the 30 minute mark our system will advise you that 30 minutes has elapsed since your session began. At this point you can request to continue gambling or set another time limit.
Please note that a playtime reminder is set by default at 30’ minutes upon your registration.
All playtime reminders offer you the option to exit the gambling session e.g. log out and provide a link to your account history.
You cannot proceed to gamble further until the playtime reminder has been acknowledged.
Disable the ability to cancel your withdrawal
At any time, you can disable the ability to cancel your withdrawals by selecting "I do not want to cancel my withdrawals".
If you wish to re-enable this feature, you must select "Allow cancellation of a withdrawal request" and your application will be completed one week from the time you requested it.
Whilst the majority of our customers gamble within their means for some it can be more difficult. In order to maintain control of your gambling habits we would like you to bear in mind the following points:
- Gambling should be done in moderation and undertaken as a form of leisure not as a genuine way of making money
- Avoid chasing losses
- Only gamble when you can cover the losses
- Keep track of the time and monitor the amount of money you spend
If you need to talk to someone about any concerns you may have with your gambling, please contact one of the organisations which we have detailed below.
Do you have a problem?
If you are concerned that gambling has had a negative impact on your life or someone else's then the following questions may help you find out.
- Does gambling prevent you from attending work or college?
- Do you gamble to pass time or to escape boredom?
- Do you gamble alone for long periods of time?
- Have others ever criticised you for your gambling?
- Have you lost interest in family, friends or hobbies due to gambling?
- Have you ever lied to cover up the amount of money or time you spend gambling?
- Have you lied, stolen or borrowed in order to maintain betting habits?
- Are you reluctant to spend 'gambling money' on anything else?
- Do you gamble until you lose all your money?
- After losing, do you feel that you have to try and win back the losses as soon as possible?
- If you run out of money when gambling, do you feel lost and in despair and feel the need to gamble again as soon as possible?
- Do arguments, frustrations or disappointments make you want to gamble?
- Does gambling make you depressed or even suicidal?
The more questions that you answer 'yes' to, the more likely it is that you are having difficulties with your gambling. To speak with someone who can give you advice and support, please contact one of the organisations detailed below.
GamCare Forum (Problem Gambling Support) available at https://www.gamcare.org.uk/frontline-services/forum
Gamblers Anonymous is a fellowship of men and women who have joined together to do something about their own gambling problem and help other compulsive gamblers do the same. There are regional fellowships around the world. The Gamblers Anonymous international service site is at: www.gamblersanonymous.org.
Gambling Therapy provides support and counseling for anyone adversely affected by gambling. Its site can be accessed at: www.gamblingtherapy.org.
It is illegal for anyone under the age of 18 to open an account or to gamble on Novibet.
Filtering and Blocking Software
There are several third party applications that you can use to monitor or restrict access to the Internet:
- Net Nanny (www.netnanny.com) : Parental control and filtering software that helps you control what can be viewed through your internet browser.
- CYBERsitter (www.27labs.com/cs) : Filtering software allowing parents to choose their own sites to block.
- Better Internet for Kids (www.betterinternetforkids.eu) : A website which is co-funded by the EU and provides information about internet filter software and also offers a free test version.
- Betfilter (www.betfilter.com) : Anti-gambling software which blocks access to gambling websites.
- Gamblock (www.gamblock.com) : Software which blocks access to gambling websites.
Version 18 Last Update 29/10/2018